Element Packaging Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on our site www.myelement.co.uk (our site) and/or social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
Information you enter into our registration forms may be collected and stored briefly by us so that we may contact you in relation to the nature of your attempted transaction, even if you don’t confirm the transaction. This may be used to send operational emails to enquire as to why the purchase was not completed. We will not use this data for any other purpose, we won’t store it for longer than necessary and we certainly won’t share it with any other company. Our aim is simply to provide you with the highest level of service that we can.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or by phone with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics also uses “Cookies”, text files that are saved on the hard drive of your computer and enable the analysis of website use through you. The information gathered by the cookie about the use of this website will generally be transmitted to Google servers in the US and saved there. Should IP anonymization be activated for this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within the EU and other member states of the EEA. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. As licensed by the owners of this website, Google will use this information in order to analyze your use of this website, in order to compile reports regarding the website activity, and in order to render further services associated with website activity and internet usage to the owner of this website. The IP address of your browser as detected by Google Analytics will not be conflated with other data from Google. You can choose to prevent the saving of cookie files through the relevant setting in your browser software; we would however like to inform you that you will in this case not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent. You can choose to prevent Google’s collection and usage of the data gathered by cookie files to provide information regarding your usage of this website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here. By using this website, you are consenting to the appropriation of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes laid out above.
As you browse this website, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with this website.
This website uses retargeting services from the social network Facebook. Facebook collects certain information via cookies to determine which web pages are visited. This data is then used to associate your browser with interest and demographic categories, and serve Facebook ads based on your past visits to this website. Please note that any information collected by Facebook via cookies is not linked to any customer’s personal information collected by us.
On this website, data for marketing and optimization purposes is collected and stored. This data is used to create a user profile under a pseudonym. Here, cookies may be used. Cookies are small text files that are saved locally in the temporary cache of the site visitor’s internet browser. Your IP address is anonymized, saved and sent, making it impossible to identify you via your IP address. The collected data is deleted once there is no longer a need to save it for analytical purposes, or upon the request of the user.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Element Packaging LTD or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Element Packaging LTD, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.